About Shelley Karlsen
Leading Perth Naturopath, Nutritionist and Registered Nurse Shelley Karlsen is fully qualified and professionally registered with the Australian Natural Therapies Association. Shelley is the owner and operator of Nourished Naturopathy & Nutrition.
Shelley has been working in the healthcare industry for over 15 years, firstly as a Registered Clinical and Community Nurse then as a consulting Naturopathic and Nutritional Medicine Practitioner for the last 9 years.
She has a Bachelor of Nursing and an Advanced Diploma in Naturopathy, Nutrition and Herbal Medicine. She has undertaken further research and study in Endocrinology (Hormonal Health), Biochemistry and Life Coaching. She has conducted training’s in Nutritional Medicine to Doctors, Chiropractors, Pharmacists, Nurses and other Naturopaths.
Shelley has experience in dealing with an array of health conditions but has specific interest in treating stress and mood disorders, weight gain and obesity, fatigue, hormonal and digestive issues. Shelley’s interest lies in living a holistic balanced lifestyle, nourishing the body, mind and spirit.
Shelley specialises in hormonal weight loss and wellness using Functional Medicine. She is a nutritional and lifestyle wellness coach. She is passionate and genuine about health and improving the lives of as many people as possible through a holistic approach, balancing physical, mental and emotional health.
- Thoroughly assess your presenting signs, symptoms, medical diagnosed diseases, pathology and test results, history, risk factors and overall health to determine the cause of your illness, disease and imbalance.
- Provide naturopathic and nutritional treatment that will treat the underlying causes and dysfunctions of health rather than just treating the symptoms.
- Approach to treatment is from a scientific, evidence based, clinical and holistic approach using Functional Medicine
- Provide nourishment for you in the form of support, education, guidance, nutrition plans, naturopathic and nutritional prescriptions so that you can begin and continue to nourish yourself on all levels including the physical, mental and emotional.
What Shelley Does As Your Naturopath
- Shelley offers a health service that involves an extended consultation to assess the clients’ physical, mental and social health, lifestyle, medical diagnosis and hereditary disposition.
- Shelley will take into account any western medical treatments and diagnosis.
- Shelley uses evidence based and traditional knowledge from scientific and clinical trials.
- The consultation involves a thorough questionnaire and history and a physical assessment. If needed further testing will be suggested.
- A specialised eating/diet plan, treatment plan and prescription is then formulated and tailored to each individual.
- Shelley’s role is to teach, educate, empower and motivate clients to resume more personal responsibility for their health by adopting a healthy attitude, lifestyle and diet.
Areas of Speciality
- Hormonal imbalances – adrenal, menopausal, menstrual and thyroid
- Weight Loss and Obesity
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Executive stress
- Fatigue and Tiredness
- Low energy & chronic fatigue syndrome
- Fatty Liver & Liver disease
- Low Immunity & Autoimmune disorders
- Sugar, caffeine & carbohydrate cravings
- Mood Disorders, Anxiety, Depression & Insomnia
- Female hormonal problems and pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Menstrual disorders including endometriosis, heavy bleeding, PMT, & polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS)
- Digestive problems including bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome & reflux
- Celiac disease, Crohn’s disease & inflammatory bowel disorders
- Detoxification support
- Wellness & Anti-ageing
- Skin problems including eczema, dermatitis &psoriasis
- Cardiovascular disease, High Blood pressure & High Cholesterol
- Allergies & Hay fever
- Arthritis & Musculoskeletal pain
- Children’s & Baby health including allergies, constipation, low immunity & colic
- Headaches & migraines
- Naturopathic Consultations
- Nutritional & Weight Loss Plans
- Hormonal Balancing & Weight Loss
- Structured Eating plans
- Salivary Hormone Testing
- Food Sensitivity Testing
- Functional Medicine Pathology
- Nutritional guidance
- Herbal Medicine (customised for your specific health needs)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Lifestyle advice / modification
- Vitamin and mineral support
- Counselling support and Life coaching
- Gift vouchers
- Private Health fund rebates may apply
- Pensioner and Student Discounts apply
Bachelor of Nursing and Health Science (4 yrs)
Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy and Nutrition (4 yrs)
Advanced Diploma of Herbal Medicine
Certificate IV Massage
Certificate Flower Essences
Certificate Kinesiology Touch for Health I & II
Certificate Reiki level I & II
Life’s Too Short Life Coaching Series I & II
Australian Natural Therapies Association Member
Complementary Medicine Practitioner Associations Council Member
Australian Natural Register of Accredited Natural Therapist Member
Making an appointment is easy.
Simply call 0450 273 119 or email to organise your appointment.
“Thanks to Shelley’s treatment and nutritional advice I am now 10kg lighter and living the life I always dreamed”
"Shelley has helped me realize my emotional blocks to losing weight that I wasn’t even aware I had, I am so thankful for this, finally I can move forward”
“I can’t thank Shelley enough for helping me achieve my goals in weight loss and health and for always being there to support me”
“Shelley helped me understand the science behind my health problems, after being to countless Doctors and other Natural therapists that just couldn’t give me any answers, I am now on the road to recovery and good health”
“There is a warmth and genuineness about Shelley that makes me feel comfortable in sharing my problems with her and I know she cares”