Your symptoms and medical history give us the best information, however specialised testing can confirm findings from the clinical evaluation. This may include urine testing, saliva testing and blood testing.
Food Sensitivity Testing
Food sensitivity, or food intolerance, is becoming increasingly prevalent in the Australian population and can be hard to recognise at first because the symptoms vary so much from one individual to the next. A convenient finger prick test to take a few drops of blood. The blood samples are then sent to the lab for testing against a selection of food panels to determine an immune reaction.
Saliva Hormone Test
Saliva testing shows you how much of your hormones are in your tissues and are therefore active in your body causing the symptoms you may be experiencing as opposed to standard blood hormone tests, which assess total levels only. This test can measure 3 Hormones including Cortisol, DHEA and Melatonin.
Urinary Indican Test
The Urinary Indican Test is an accurate and simple test used to measure the putrefaction of protein in the digestive tract by unhealthy bacteria. A positive test suggests bowel toxicity as a result of dysbiosis.
A simple yet effective test that involves swishing a liquid in your mouth and then detecting the taste response. I can tell in seconds whether you are Zinc Deficient or not.
Other Functional Pathology Testing
- Female and male salivary hormones
- Adrenal function testing – involved in energy, metabolism, mood, inflammation, blood sugar levels
- Organic Acid analysis – metabolic analysis and cellular energy profiles
- Gastrointestinal analysis – digestive enzymes, yeasts, parasites, intestinal permeability
- Cardiovascular profile
- Thyroid function testing
- Neurotransmitter testing important in mental health disorders, depression, anxiety, mood, sleep, hormone regulation and metabolism